How to choose the right engineered wood floor
Engineering flooring, as the name suggests, is a floor specially used for large-scale projects, but the indicators of this type of flooring are lower than the indicators of household flooring. The particles of the base material are large, not as delicate and uniform as qualified boards, and the fine wood grains are also blurred. unclear. So, what are the advantages and disadvantages of engineered flooring? How to choose engineered flooring correctly?
What are the advantages and disadvantages of engineered flooring
Engineered flooring is a kind of laminated flooring. The laminated flooring is commonly known as "diamond board", and the standard name is "impregnated paper laminated wood flooring". It is mainly used in large-scale projects. Laminate flooring is composed of four layers of materials, which are relatively wear-resistant, highly decorative, and moisture-proof.
1. Advantages of engineered flooring
Compared with solid wood, the specifications and sizes are relatively large; there are many choices of colors, and it can also simulate natural or artificial patterns; the indoor laying effect is very good, the color is also very uniform, and the visual effect is also very good.
Compared with solid wood, the surface is more wear-resistant. The normal solid wood wear-resistant standard is about 300 revolutions, while the laminate floor far exceeds the wear-resistant standard, reaching more than 4000 revolutions; it also has flame retardant, anti-pollution, anti-corrosion, impact resistance, and compression resistance. and other high performance.
No special care is required, just clean it regularly, and its stability is also very strong, even if the gap between the floors is small, it is not easy to arch, laying is simple, convenient, and the price is affordable.
2. Disadvantages of engineered flooring
Comparing laminate flooring with solid wood flooring, due to the high density of laminate flooring, its foot feel is not as comfortable and natural as solid wood flooring; the repairability is also poor. If it is damaged, it must be replaced and cannot be used again.
Laminate flooring needs to use formaldehyde-based adhesives in the production, so it will release a certain amount of formaldehyde. If the release of formaldehyde exceeds the standard, it will affect people's health. Therefore, it is recommended to buy E0 grade laminate flooring for home use.
How to choose the right engineering floor
1. Look at the brand: well-known brands can guarantee product quality and after-sales service.
2. Look at the material: normal laminate flooring should be based on high-density fiberboard.
3. Look at the thickness: the international standard thickness is 8mm, below this thickness it is not strong.
4. Look at the moisture-proof measures: whether there is a special moisture-proof floor mat, whether there is a thick moisture-proof layer on the floor, etc.
5. Look at the amount of formaldehyde released: the standard for green building materials stipulated by international environmental protection organizations is no higher than 9mg/100g.
6. Look at the price: compare the quality of the floor and whether its after-sales service is worth the money.
7. Look at after-sales service: whether there is property insurance, whether there is a warranty card, whether it is sold directly by the manufacturer, etc.
Summary of the article: Engineered flooring is what we often hear about laminated flooring. Laminated flooring uses formaldehyde-based adhesives. Therefore, when you understand the advantages and disadvantages of laminated flooring, you must also know how to choose it correctly. The choice of environmentally friendly performance is good. , cost-effective laminate flooring.