Advantages and disadvantages of wooden doors
With the improvement of people's life and the enhancement of environmental awareness, the requirements for products are getting higher and higher. At present, there are various types of solid wood doors on the market, among which solid wood doors are the first choice of many people. So what are the advantages and disadvantages of solid wood doors? Let me introduce it to you.
Advantages of solid wood doors:
1. Natural and environmentally friendly, this is the biggest feature of solid wood furniture. In the process of manufacturing solid wood furniture, compared with those wood-based panel furniture, the amount of glue used is quite small. The amount of glue used affects the environmental protection of furniture. Moreover, solid wood furniture is made of natural wood, which is more environmentally friendly.
2. The solid wood door has the function of preserving value. At the same time, it can bring warm "wood gas" to the home environment, so it is very popular among middle and high-end consumers. Its advantage is that it reflects nature: natural texture, changeable shape, and beautiful patterns of wood can be seen on the surface of wooden doors.
3. The service life is long, generally about 5 times that of other panel furniture, and can be used for about 15 to 20 years.
Disadvantages of solid wood doors:
1. Due to the different texture and hardness of each panel, it is impossible to make the thickness of each panel uniform even through a thickness-setting sander, resulting in unevenness of each panel on the surface of the board. After painting, the unevenness of each slat is more obvious.
2. If the quality of horizontal joints is poor, there will be obvious horizontal joints. If the strength of the horizontal joint is not enough, it is easy to crack at the glue seam. Therefore, for doors made of solid wood wide panels, if you look at the painted surface of the door in the oblique direction against the light, you can see the height of the slats and the glue joints between the slats. If the materials are carefully selected and the technology is scientific, this phenomenon will be smaller, but it cannot be avoided fundamentally.
The above is the relevant introduction about the advantages and disadvantages of solid wood doors. I hope that everyone can choose high-quality wooden door products, so that we can have a healthier and more comfortable living space.